Welcome!

I offer intuitive life question readings based on three colours you chose whilst thinking of your question...I never know what your question is unless you want me to know! If you are considering baby names for a child or even a pet, I conduct a blind reading on each name and give you my impressions on that baby's personality. Using found materials, I create unique collage art based on my impressions. Please contact me for pricing or if you have any questions: three.colours.question at gmail dot com.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Take time to heed your intuition super-powers!

Workaholics aren’t heroes. They don’t save the day, they just use it up. The real hero is already home because she figured out a faster way to get things done. – Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson, Rework

When I worked for a not-for-profit school as Office Manager, I was on-call 24/7 and worked many more hours than I really was able to. Putting in all those hours, multi-tasking at every moment, I felt like a hero until the wind ruffling my cape slowly died, and I crashed in slo-mo, grasping at my remaining powers to help raise me.

It didn't help at the time that my father passed and our animal companion of 11 years had to be put down. Our house was on the market and not selling. I was feeling soulless and started to seek out ways of regaining my balance. The one constant in my life that gave me a glimpse into something bigger, my intuition, needed stoking. I decided to move on and focus on cultivating that essential part of me. 

Intuition has helped me in so many ways and I feed it by listening to and acting on my messages. One message I heed more than ever is to slow down and focus on one thing. Simple, but not compatible with the modern work world. Get that one thing done well and move on. I think that is truly the fastest way to work as fewer mistakes are made and I feel more complete. 

I also strive less at saving the day in order to save my sanity. For instance, last night I was scheduled to volunteer at an event from 5 pm to 10 pm. I was the first to arrive and worked busily until I felt my cape falter around 9. Although I had only an hour to go, I had to head on home and I didn't feel the least bit like a slacker by asking to check out early.  My intuition was spot on...a few minutes after getting home I was hit with nausea and crawled into bed, glad to not be braving an active break-down at the end of the evening.

In these little ways, I feel more like a super hero for saving myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment