Welcome!

I offer intuitive life question readings based on three colours you chose whilst thinking of your question...I never know what your question is unless you want me to know! If you are considering baby names for a child or even a pet, I conduct a blind reading on each name and give you my impressions on that baby's personality. Using found materials, I create unique collage art based on my impressions. Please contact me for pricing or if you have any questions: three.colours.question at gmail dot com.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gratitude for the art of bicycle maintenance


I’m awed by other women’s technical skill. It’s not something that comes naturally to me or to a lot of females my age. Today I took a class in bicycle maintenance at Mellow Johnny’s and the teacher was Danielle, a young woman I had met in March at a personal development workshop. It was great to see her again but even more cool to be the only person in her 6:30 class.

As I’m fairly clueless about the mechanics of my bike, she took her time in explaining the parts and helped me clean it in the process. What an eye-opener that was! What dirty rags we had by the end of the class! My once drab-grey bike was glowing, it rode so much quieter and I was also the proud owner of a clue or two about how to keep my bike in better condition.

When I first met Danielle, and she told me that she worked at this particular shop near my home, I knew that we’d be seeing each other again. Sometimes I get that intuitive feel for a person—you may too, when you first connect, that your paths will cross in the future but that thought will usually be pushed aside. Mostly it's a good feeling...rarely for me, it's a feeling of dread.

When it's good, it’s always a joy to see how people’s lives intersect. We exchanged cards (mine freshly handmade that morning) and hugged; I was so filled with gratitude for her de-gunking expertise that it felt like I was riding on a silver cloud as my bike and I were breezing home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment