Welcome!

I offer intuitive life question readings based on three colours you chose whilst thinking of your question...I never know what your question is unless you want me to know! If you are considering baby names for a child or even a pet, I conduct a blind reading on each name and give you my impressions on that baby's personality. Using found materials, I create unique collage art based on my impressions. Please contact me for pricing or if you have any questions: three.colours.question at gmail dot com.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Simplicity



I love this quote from Leonardo da Vinci: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

As I'm still in the process of downsizing and simplifying my life, I can't say enough about this website of Courtney Carver's called "Be More with Less" (access her articles here). She's an "aspiring minimalist" who has great tips for decluttering your belongings and setting yourself free of the crap keepsakes you've been accumilating over the decades of your life.

I've been meaning to cull my closet even further in my quest to own less...right now, I've got more than 33 items for sure, but her challenge is to live for three months with 33 items of clothing, shoes, and accessories (undies, workout clothes, PJs and lougewear excluded).

My biggest horde is my collection of jewelry. I don't wear it all but I have so many sentimental attachments to pieces that it feels like disrespect to disown several certain ones...pairs of earrings that were gifts, necklaces that go really well with one particuar type of neckline, earrings that I've had since college, that kind of thing.

I think it may be fun to blog about these pieces as I let them go-- tell their story and say adios. But getting the energy up to actually start this has been difficult.

It's easy to start with what to keep! Over the next week I promise to pick some jewelry to discard and write a post about them. Already I feel some regret, but the image of one clutter free jewelry box (I have a few now) makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment