Welcome!

I offer intuitive life question readings based on three colours you chose whilst thinking of your question...I never know what your question is unless you want me to know! If you are considering baby names for a child or even a pet, I conduct a blind reading on each name and give you my impressions on that baby's personality. Using found materials, I create unique collage art based on my impressions. Please contact me for pricing or if you have any questions: three.colours.question at gmail dot com.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Wheat free is wonderful (but it’s fun to cheat!)




A couple months ago it appeared that my diet was standing still so I decided to get more serious about it and read  “Wheat Belly” byWilliam Davis, MD to help guide me. Intuitively, I knew that I felt better without wheat but I adore bread, pasta, crackers and all things carby so it has always been a struggle.
 
The “Wheat Belly Cookbook” was perfect for my replacement recipes and soon my best friend was a bag of ground flax. I made breads, tortilla, crackers and eliminated flour, potatoes along with other starches (except small amounts of quinoa, millet and wild rice). I grated courgettes into tender pasta shapes with a buttery, spicy cashew nut sauce. My weight fell off rather quickly and my energy zoomed. I am sleeping better and have more clarity.
 
But it’s not for everyone. I was talking to a woman I know named Marta today about her experience going wheat free and she felt, even after a year, that there was no difference for her. Significantly, she has other issues and this decision was not taken lightly. Marta is from Italy and I just had to ask her how she was going to manage while she was visiting later this month.
 
She confessed that she’ll be cheating.  I had to smile…the lure of freshly made pasta was on my mind today as we’re dining out at a local Italian restaurant for our anniversary.  I initially didn’t want to go, but this is one of my husband’s favorite bistros and the photo of Spaghetti alla Carbonara with a fresh egg yolk on top weakened my knees.
 
I may hate myself tomorrow morning but La Traviata's house made pasta will be relished strand by lovely strand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment